Faculty of Science
University of Ontario Institute of Technology
2000 Simcoe Street North
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Phone: 905-721-8668 ext 2655
BSc, Applied Statistics and
Computation, McMaster University, 1977
MSc, Computer Science, University of Toronto, 1979
PhD, Computer Science, University of Toronto, 1985
Lecturer, Unit for Computer Science,
McMaster University, 1980-1982
Assistant Professor, Unit for Computer Science, McMaster University, 1982-1983
Assistant Professor, Computing Science, University of Alberta, 1984-1987
Associate Professor, Computing Science, University of Alberta, 1987-1994
Professor, Computing Science, University of Alberta, 1994-2002
Associate Chair, Computing Science, University of Alberta, 1995-1997
McCalla Professor, Computing Science, University of Alberta, 2000-2001
Professor, School of Creative Media, City University of Hong Kong, 2001-2005
Professor, Faculty of Science, University of Ontario Institute of Technology, 2005-
Acting Associate Dean, Faculty of Science, University of Ontario Institute of Technology, 2007-2008
The main theme of my research is the interaction between people and computers and how digital media can be used to communicate between people. My recent research concentrates on interactive 3D graphics, automatic construction of user interfaces, authoring tools for virtual environments, and alternative viewing models for 3D graphics. In the past I have worked on computer animation, formal design methods for user interfaces, graphics display hardware and VLSI design.
1. Lee W.L., M. Green, A Layout
Framework for 3D User Interfaces, VRST 2005 Proceedings, 2005.
2. Sun J., G. Baciu, X. Yu, M. Green, Image-Based Template Generation of Road Networks for Virtual Maps, International Journal of Image and Graphics, vol.4, no.4, p.701-720, 2004.
3. Green M., J. Lo, The Grappl 3D Interaction Technique Library, VRST 2004 Proceedings, p. 16-23, 2004.
4. Green M., Towards Virtual Environment Authoring Tools for Content Developers, VRST?2003, p.117-123, 2003.
5. Figueroa P., Green M., Hoover H., InTml: A Description Language for VR Applications, Web3D?02, February 22-28, 2002.
6. Lau R., J. Chim, M. Green, H. Leong, A. Si, Object Caching and Prefetching in Distributed Virtual Walkthrough, Real-Time Systems, Vol. 21, No. 1-2, p. 143-164, 2001.
7. To D., R. Lau, M. Green, An Adaptive Multiresolution Method for Progressive Model Transmission, Presence, Vol. 10, No. 1, p62-74, 2001.
8. Green M., L. White, The Cave-let: A Low Cost Projective Immersive Display, Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare, vol 6, s. 2, p. S2:24-S2:28, June 2000.
9. Green M., D. Bowman, D. Goulden, D. Rittenhouse, H. Sun, L. White, The Reovirus Project: An Application of Distributed Visualization, Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare, vol.6, s.2, p. S2:26-S2:28, June 2000.
10. Sun H., M. Green, A framework for interactive responsive animation, The Journal of Visualization and Computer Animation, vol. 11, no. 2, p.83-94, 2000.